Tuesday 7 January 2014

Glam winter party look

Glam winter party look.


Hey guys!

I want to start todays blog post by saying sorry I haven't written for a while. I've had lots of things going on and just haven't had the time to sit down and write a post. I hope all you guys are good and had a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year and had everything you wanted. I had a great time and had a lot of events and parties with friends and family which brings me on to todays post. The look above has been my staple winter party look. It's quite glam, super feminine and is perfect for the winter months. So this is how I got my party look! (Warning, the photo's are bad quality because my camera is broke so had to use my phone so sorry in advance!)

 
Products.

1. Foundation- Elizabeth Arden 'Flawless Finish' £22
2. Concealer- Dream matte mouse £8
(I know it's a foundation but I find it works amazing for covering dark circles and blemishes)
3. Bronzer- Bourjois 'chocolate bronzer' £7
4. Blush- Bare skin minerals 'Cambridge blusher' £19
5. Eyebrows- Sleek brow set £9
6. Eye shadow- MUA merged trio eye shadow 'Emotions' £2.50
7. Mascara- Maybelline 'mega plush volume' £8
8. Lipstick- Revlon super lustrous lipstick 'black cherry' £7.50

 
 
  • First thing I did was apply my foundation and concealer. This foundation is new and I was really looking forward to trying it and have so far loved it. I'm going to do a separate post on my recent beauty purchases so don't worry.
  • Next I added my bronzer under my cheekbones to contour my face. I also applied some bronzer up to my temples and on my neck because it makes your face look thinner.
  • I then added the bear minerals blush. This is quite shimmery and sheer so works as a highlight as well so I just added it to the tops of my cheek bones, above my bronzer.
  • Next I filled in my eyebrows. The brow box from sleek is so easy to use and makes sure your eyebrows stay put all day so I love it for a party.
  • I then use the eye shadow palette by putting the light shade all over, the gold shade on the lid and the darker shade in the crease and edge.
  • I then applied a few coats of mascara to my lashes because I didn't want really dramatic eyes because of the darkness of the lipstick.
  • Lastly I applied the lipstick and then blotted it so it wasn't too dark.
 
I really love this look and think it is perfect for this time of year! To finish it add your favourite pieces of jewellery, a posh dress and a hair accessory and you're ready for a Hollywood glam party!
 
 
I hope you liked this look and enjoyed my post, sorry again it's been so long! I promise I won't leave it too long again. I am still part of the British blogger selection and will be writing posts soon just a bit later than the other bloggers involved because as I mentioned a lot has been happening. I'm also thinking of starting a YouTube channel where I post tutorials and hauls etc. things like that would you guys be interested? I hope everyone is having a great 2014 and if you read to the end comment telling me what you got for Christmas!
Love you all
       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment